We all have those days where it was a miracle that we even remembered to eat dinner.
Multitasking a job, a family, friends, chores and errands doesn’t leave much time to think about getting our five servings of fruits or vegetables. We are proud to say that Gardenbar is a super easy way to get nine vegetables, beans, legumes and seeds in a delicious, compact bar. Always keep a Gardenbar in your pocket or your purse, and then follow these easy rules to sneak more vegetables and fruits into your diet!
- A cup of carrots may not seem too appetizing or exciting. So, have fun with your vegetables and make zucchini break or carrot-raisin brain muffins.
- Always add a bit of fruit to your breakfast cereal. Add some slices of strawberries or blueberries to your raisin bran, or grab a banana on the way out.
- Use fruit as a dessert instead of cakes or chocolate. A ripe orange may be all it takes to satisfy your sweet tooth. You could make a little fruit salad with low-calorie whipped cream or microwave an apple and add some cinnamon for a healthy apple pie.
- Always substitute fries with a healthier option, like vegetables or a salad. Also, research shows that eating a salad before your meal curbs your appetites and reduces over-eating.
- Cut up some veggies and keep them in your fridge for snacking. Pair them with healthy dips like salsa or hummus. If you’re feeling extra creative, make your own sweet potato chips by cutting the sweet potato in thin circles, brushing with olive oil and popping them into the oven to bake.
- Stay smart when eating out. If you are eating pizza, add some vegetables as topping or substitute rice or pasta for a side of vegetables.